Jobs at the ESI
For PhD candidatesAt the ESI, we aim at recruiting PhD students primarily through the International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits. Applications outside this program are also welcome at any time and should be sent directly to the head of the lab in which the PhD candidate wishes to work (see Research Overview).
For Postdoc candidatesApplications for postdoc positions are welcome at any time and should be sent directly to the head of the lab in which the postdoc candidate wishes to work (see Research Overview).
Research Assistant (m/f/d) - Rademaker Lab
The Ernst Strüngmann Institute (ESI) for Neuroscience is an independent, privately funded research institute in the field of basic research in the brain and cognitive sciences, which works closely with the Max Planck Society. The ESI was founded in 2008 and currently houses nine research groups. When completed, it will employ around 150-200 people. We are looking for a
to support the Max Planck research group of Rosanne Rademaker, working on cognitive neuroscience. Start date is flexible but can be soon, and the position will remain open until filled.
What we offer
- We offer a collaborative environment where we use various neuroimaging techniques (fMRI, MEG, EEG) to study perception, cognition, and action in the brain.
- Hours and duration are flexible – ideally we are looking for someone to support our research for 20-35 hours a week over the course of 1-2 years.
- This position could be ideal for anyone considering graduate school, and wising to gain more hand-on experience beforehand.
- Equality and diversity are important to us! We want to particularly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply.
What we ask
We are looking for someone with the organizational chops and people skill to support our ongoing research projects. Tasks would include (but are not limited to):
- Data collection (behavioral and neuroimaging)
- Management of human participants (recruitment, payment, ethics)
- Organizing lab events (journal club, outreach, travel, visiting students, talks)
- Purchasing equipment and other research-related administrative duties
- Depending on your desired working hours, we offer the opportunity to get involved in (your own) research projects, and to join our scientific events.
- Due to tasks involving human participants, German language skills are preferred.
… pleae email the following information to hr-esi(at)esi-frankfurt.de:
- tatement of purpose describing what motivates you. Please specify why are you interested in this position, what concrete skills or experience you have that would contribute to your success in this position, and what you would like to get out of your time in the lab. Please feel free to take this opportunity to discuss both the ups and downs of your career path or any perceived shortcomings in your application (max 1 page).
- Recent CV including (if applicable) prior organizational experience, prior scientific experience, and other relevant experience including German language competency.
- The names, email addresses, and affiliations of 2 references.
For any further inquiries do not hesitate to get in touch. We’re happy to answer questions.
Please consider our privacy notice.
Webdeveloper (m/f/d) for the ESI website
We are looking for a student assistant (m/f/d) to support the Public Relations and Information Management team with the maintenance and further development of our institute’s website.
The duties of our Webedveloper (m/f/d) mainly cover two areas: Further development and maintenance of the layout of the website and smaller design tasks.
- Knowledge of or interest in learning web design with static site generators (Hugo)
- Willingness to work independently and in a structured manner while being able to manage your time freely
- Insight into scientific research activities
- Flexible working hours and an exciting task
- Payment in the usual range for student assistants
The position is scheduled for 40 hours per month, but the time frame can be adjusted up or down. Once the onboarding has been completed, the working hours can be scheduled as you wish.
Does this sound like a job for you? Then send us your application documents by November 1, 2022 as one PDF file to: hr-esi (at) esi-frankfurt.de. Applications submitted in paper form will not be returned. Please also note our data protection notice.